The Best Online Dating Advice: How To Succeed In The Dating World?
Here, you will find many online dating tips for success—some of them are pretty obvious, the others are not, but they will definitely be helpful for you. But, of course, safety is paramount, too—and here, you’ll also find lots of safety tips for online dating!
Online dating tips: Important things to know
There are tons of rules, tips, and things you have to be aware of to succeed in the online dating world. To make it easier and more apparent, we’ll divide the online dating advice for guys into two categories—so right now, we’ll talk about your dating profile, and after that, we’ll explain how to chat with women to attract them and to keep them interested!
Online dating tips: Profile
So, first, you need to create a great dating profile. Here are the top 5 tips that will help you:
- Choose the right photos. Face photos, full-body photos, photos that show your hobbies and interests, photos with pets—all these types of pictures work great.
- Use simple words—it’s a simple language that attracts people, not complicated wording.
- Buy a premium subscription if it’s possible. On most dating sites, the premium members get more messages from women and rank higher in the search results—so it’s a 100% worthy investment.
- Write an exciting profile bio. Don’t make it boring, write about your hobbies, write a funny mini-story—there are many ways to make your bio look catchy.
- Make a catchy headline. You have to make it fun, engaging, and not dull. Why is it important? Because in fact, your headline and your photo are the two things that can make women open your profile or close it (swipe right or left, etc.). In general, women spend around 3 seconds looking at a profile before they decide this profile is worth their attention—and it’s evident that 3 seconds isn’t enough to read your profile bio or to view all of your photos. These 3 seconds are only enough for women to read your headline and to look at your profile photo—so the headline must be catchy and interesting because if it’s not, nothing else matters. Sad but true.
Online dating tips: Communication
Even if your photos are perfect and your profile bio is catchy, you’ll still need to keep the conversation flow. Here’s a piece of online dating advice for men on how to do everything right:
- Bring up specific interests to write the first message.
- Don’t be boring and don’t write a novel. Just try to find exciting subjects and conversation topics—and don’t forget about questions!
- Ask questions other than “how are you.” However, you shouldn’t turn it into an awkward interview—try to keep the balance.
- Forget about cheesy pickup lines and sexually explicit messages at the beginning. You’ll most likely get blocked after this, so what’s the point?
- Don’t wait for too long to ask her out. All those 2-, 3-, and 4-week rules are pretty old-fashioned—in a bad way. 4-7 days is usually enough.
Safety tips for online dating
We hope that you take it seriously because most safety rules are typically called “safety rules for women.” However, the fact you’re a man doesn’t make you immune from being robbed at gunpoint on your first date, nor can it protect you from an online romance scam. So, be careful, follow these rules, and stay safe!
- Make your own research about the dating site you’re going to use. Google everything, from expert and customer reviews to the company owner of the website.
- Never send money—it’s the number 1 among all the other online dating tips. Just don’t send them money, no matter what excuses they have (unless certain situations where you have already met in person and when you’re perfectly sure that person is not going to scam you).
- Test the website before buying a premium subscription or “credits.”
- Always google the photos of the women you’re chatting with. If you find her photos on dozens of other dating sites, it’s probably a fake profile.
- Don’t disclose your financial/sensitive information to a woman you’ve never met in person.
- Use different photos, not the ones you have on your Facebook or LinkedIn.
- If anything feels off, it probably is. Just block the user if you feel that something is wrong—there are millions of women on dating sites, so it makes no sense to waste time. When it comes to online dating, the rule is simple: if something feels wrong, it probably is.
- A public place is the only option for the first date. Sooner or later, you’ll meet each other—and the general safety advice for online dating is that the first date should be in a public place.
Long distance online dating advice
When it comes to long-distance online dating advice, it’s not that simple. Long-distance dating is much more complex than local dating—but some rules can help you manage everything properly.
- It’s hard work and you need to be ready for it. Fighting and arguing can occur, even about insignificant things.
- Always be yourself and don’t try to play games—it makes no sense to do it when you’re, say, 5,000 apart.
- Stay safe. In 2019, Americans lost more than $200,000,000 to romance scams. Scammers are drawn to the websites for long-distance dating (=international dating in most cases) like moths to a flame because they think there are tens of thousands of wealthy Americans who want to lose some money on these sites. Just follow the rules we’ve talked about earlier, and it will be challenging for them to steal your money.
- Don’t spend more than 3-4 months apart. It’s essential to meet at least 3-4 times a year to keep the feelings burning!
Online dating advice: Conclusion
Online dating can be tricky—but not if you follow all those rules we’ve talked about above. It can be dangerous—but the main safety rule sounds like “DON’T SEND MONEY,” so protecting yourself from the most common romance scams isn’t rocket science. You can be successful in online dating—but you’ll never know until you try!